Final “Big” Dose: Bookends Scaps

It has been a week since Big ended, so, I don’t think it’s too late to post our final Big Dose, and as a closing post, I think it’s only appropriate to tie in the first and the final chapters of Da Ran and Kyung Joon’s love story.

Again, it has been fun sharing our Big Dose with the lot of you fans, whether you loved or felt let down by the drama 🙂

Thanks, everyone!

EPISODE 1

“Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as Italians call it. When love strikes someone like lightning, so powerful and intense it can’t be denied. It’s beautiful and messy, cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there’s no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is irrevocably changed.”

― J.M. Darhower, Sempre

Quelque Part On M’attend by Benjamin Biolay and Chiara Mastroianni

“Hard is trying to rebuild yourself, piece by piece, with no instruction book, and no clue as to where all the important bits are supposed to go.”

― Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down

South Dakota by Magic Man

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

― Maya Angelou

Fair Warning by Penguin Prison

EPISODE 16

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

― Lao Tzu

Locked Out by Freelance Whales

“Sometimes, reaching out and taking someone’s hand is the beginning of a journey. At other times, it is allowing another to take yours.”

― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

You Know Me by Air Traffic Controller

“One day spent with someone you love can change everything.”

― Mitch Albom, For One More Day

Maps & Compasses by Goodnight Owl

“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you … I could walk through my garden forever.”

― Alfred Tennyson

Sigue Sus Ojos by Caravana

“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”

― Author Unknown

Reunion by M83

• Mara says:

A beautiful summarization of why we fell in love with the essence of BIG. Thank you.

• areliz7 says:

Amazing post. I just saw episodes 1, 5, 6 and 12 of Big and it was enough for me… Kang Kyun Joon’s impression on that 1rst episode was so overwhelming that it lasted through the whole series. Great way of reminding us why it was a different and hard to get love story.

• couch kimchi says:

Thanks! I agree. Shin’s Kang Kyung Joon had left an indelible mark in viewers, and like others, I also wish it had been him physically that appeared in the final episode. But, I guess what matters is that Kyung Joon and Da Ran returned to each other, and I think that’s why I still like the show.

-goodange

• dmko says:

love this show, thank you for the great revisit!

• MsLizeth26 says:

This is such a lovely summary of their love story… tbh I haven’t even watched the last episode for fear that it might ruin my feelings for this drama lol… but I agree that Kang Kyung Joon left such a deep impression in the first episode that, for me, it carried all the way through till the end (for the most part since I couldn’t quite imagine KKJ sticking out of a taxi yelling at Da Ran, I think his character was more the suffer alone and wait until someone finds him type, but then it wouldn’t have been as funny lol) And you’re music choices are just as lovely ^___^

• couch kimchi says:

Thank you for your thoughtful comment 🙂

If you watch the finale, then I recommend that you only watch it to an extent 😉 Because you’re right, the 16th episode either makes or breaks the entire show for viewers. For me, I guess I just felt good about all the moments from episodes 1 through 16 that I’m able to excuse parts that are deemed to be unanswered questions.

-goodange

• yellowcake says:

This brought back all the lovely memories of BIG. Such a lovely, lovely post. Thank you for making and sharing this post. The quotes and the music were perfect (my favorite song in particular is You Know Me), and your screen caps came out beautifully!!! 🙂 I thoroughly enjoyed this.

• couch kimchi says:

Thank you for your appreciative and effusive thoughts 🙂 It’s truly appreciated that you and others have enjoyed the contents of this post.

BTW, “You Know Me” is also my favorite song above. 😉 Just fun and romantic all around.

-goodange

• unnichan says:

Love it!! Thank you so much!

• Mason says:

E também assim nasceu Fórmula do Emagrecimento Imutável.

• This is the perfect web site for anyone who wishes to find out about
    this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue
    with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been discussed for many years.
    Excellent stuff, just great!