“Heirs”: Kim Ji Won’s Rachel Yoo To Earn Sympathy Points

What is up with the swamp of Heirs stills tonight/today?! Putting off sleep for a few more minutes then …

Dubbed by entertainment news outlets as the Ice Queen of Heirs, Rachel Yoo’s tenacious facade breaks down.

On the November 13th episode of Heirs, Rachel sobs up a storm while expressing her real feelings to Tan. What those actual feelings are, we’ll have to wait and see, but such naked expression appears to appeal to Tan’s sympathetic side as he puts a comforting hand on her shoulder. While she has been a witch, she has been the recipient of Tan’s stinging jackassery and at times, unfairly, so, sympathy deserved.

The scene was filmed on November 9th, and Kim Ji Won had the admiration of the crew since she turned on the tear works within three seconds (they actually timed it?), a feat the actress attributes to music listening and focusing on imagining scenarios in her head.

While I don’t care much for the character, it’d still be a nice change to see Rachel grow, and maybe this meltdown will be her turning point.

Sources  |  SBS  |  Newsen

• Ivoire says:

Thank you for the update! Also, I know a mom whose son goes to the school where they are filming, and she has spent some time on the set. According to her, KJW is even better looking in person, than she is in the show. Nice to know she is very good at what she does (acting) as well. I totally see it when I watch Heirs.

• AdAl says:

I’ve always had sympathy for Rachel – I get where she’s coming from when she behaves badly. It’s certainly not unprovoked. If positions were reversed and Rachel was the interloper, with Eun Sang already in a relationship with Kim Tan – we’d be calling Rachel a lot of unsavory names at this point (for breaking up their relationship), but because Eun Sang is the first lead we are conditioned to root for their (ES & KT) relationship to work. Honestly, it feels bad to be dumped when a newer girl comes along. So I’m with you, Rachel. Good luck and Fighting! Hope the writer puts in a good consolation prize for you.

• bella57 says:

LOVE this song; Daugther by Landfill. It is in a movie calling Falling Overnight; which is a great movie and has an interesting OST.

• goodange says:

I’ve never heard of Falling Overnight, but I’m a huge fan of Daughter. But I’ll have to check out the film 🙂 Thanks for mentioning it.

• Bella57 says:

Okay I am making a correction, it is not in the movie but somehow the movie lead me to daughter .

• Aimee^^ says:

I am starting to LOOOOVVVVEEE Kim Ji won… She is such a natural actress… Two thumbs up for her….

• keduo says: