Ayase Haruka and Tamaki Hiroshi to star in Adaptation of “Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu”

I’m in the mood for a Japanese drama so I was reading about upcoming shows when I came across this one. Here’s the synopsis from Jdrama Weblog:

Aoishi Hanae (Ayase Haruka) is a plain, inconspicuous office lady who has had no experience in love and no boyfriend. On her 30th birthday, she happens to end up drinking with Tanokura Yuto (Fukushi Sota), a cool university student nine years her junior who is also a part-timer at her company, on the way home from a welcome party for new employees. Hanae gets drunk. When she wakes up the next morning, she finds a naked Yuto sleeping next to her. She has her first experience and first boyfriend out of the blue. Even when Hanae and Yuto go on to date, it is a daily process of trial and error because everything is a first for Hanae, including an amusement park date, a sleepover, Christmas Eve or a couple’s trip. To complicate matters, she also gets a proposal from Asao Yu (Tamaki Hiroshi), the CEO of an Italian food company who is popular with women, and a love triangle develops.

Great. We’ve got Last Cinderella II. I really like Ayase Haruka (Hotaru no HikariTatta Hitotsu no Koi) and Tamaki Hiroshi (Love Shuffle, Nodame Cantabile) so my natural instinct would be to ship them together. But I learned my lesson last year and will just accept that when a 30-something-year-old woman gets to choose between a struggling 20-something-year-old man and an accomplished 30-something-year-old man, she will always pick the former. Apparently, she can’t fall in love with the older guy for “reasons.” They can’t have fun together and be perfect for each other. Nope, it can’t happen! And no, I’m not bitter. Honestly!

LOL. On a more serious note, I don’t think that there have been a lot of romantic Japanese dramas this year so here’s something for those fans. However, would it have hurt for it to not be a rehash of previous dramas? But to be fair, it’s an adaptation of a successful manga by Fujimura Mari.

From Anime News Network:

Fujimura launched the manga in the inaugural issue of Shueisha‘s Cocohana magazine in November 2011. The manga ranked at #2 in Da Vinci magazine’s “Book of the Year” list for Female-Oriented Comics for the first half 2013. Shueisha released the sixth compiled book volume in May.

The script will be written by Kaneko Shigeki (Summer Nude, Voice, Puropozu Daisakusen)While her works tend to be draggy and repetitive, I enjoyed them overall so maybe this might be good. I’ve seen Fukushi Sota in two dramas I didn’t complete (Starman and Clinic on the Sea) but I don’t remember him being awful so he might be good in this one.

The drama is scheduled to air in October on NTV.

Credit: Jdrama Weblog, Anime News Network, NTV

• dramacf says:

I still can’t get over Last Cinderella and now this? I’ll watch it once it ends and only if she ends up with Tamaki Hiroshi to spare myself the agonizing heartache.

• houstontwin says:

I can’t find many jdramas on dramafever or viki. Can someone recommend a good site?

• Mj says:

Spoilers for the manga ….

If they stick with the story how it is up to now in the manga she will end up with sato ….but they might change it simply because fans of tamaki might be outraged he doesn’t get the girl so who knows

• tessieroo says:

Sota! (from “Clinic on the Sea”) *heehee* Well, I guess we know who I’m rooting for. 😮 Just a thought but maybe the younger guy always wins because of his energy? (LMAO) I agree that’s stupid since relationships aren’t all about sex but for a first-timer, she might be more interested in that. (it’s only when you’re older that you realize it doesn’t last) Ahahahaha.

TMI?

• azraqey says:

My thought exactly! When I read the synopsis, I thought..”why so familiar? This isn’t Last Cinderella?” Then, I read your first sentence. It’s not like I dislike Miura Hiruma, I love him, but I really frustrated because I love Naohito Fijiki more. :(((

And now this?? I like Sota in Starman (eventhough he’s kinda a wooden-like there LOL), but what to do…I love Tamaki Hiroshi more.. History repeats?? NOOOO

Ahh..the writer is the one who wrote Summer Nude?? I dislike that story..urghhh but I like Voice and Proposal Daisakusen….but…this storyline… Why do they bother to make the love triangle when we all know what the end game is?

When will J-drama goes into Rich Man Poor Woman-ish again…? I miss that type of romance.

• Ellaszandra says:

thank you for not making me feel like the only one who disliked Last Cinderella so much because of the ending, i mean WTH…. she chose the wrong man !

Now this drama, i first was so excited and now am so afraid it will be the same kind of ending… i can’t ><"

• kamasUtra says:

You’re so interesting! I do not think I’ve read through anything like this before.
    So great to find another person with some unique thoughts on this issue.
    Really.. thank you for starting this up. This web site is something that’s needed on the web, someone with a little
    originality!