“Second Love” – Lack Of Sleep, Kame Style

The school girls are out of control even more and Mom becomes the major obstacle between Yui and Kei. I can’t stand the way Yui lets these brats walk all over her, will she ever put her foot down with these little princess-monsters? I realize its tough being a teacher these days but do kids really get away with this kind of crap? Ugh.

So we left off with Kei telling Yui to break up with the other man she was seeing, which is followed by a request that she move in with him. *heh* He wasn’t just interested in a booty call, he wants her around all the time. Yui is surprised, she’s never had a man ask her to live with him before.

As Yui walks towards the school entrance, she sees married guy and rushes forward to ask that he meet her later at the cafe. She’s wasting no time in breaking up with him! He’s busy but she keeps pushing until he snaps at her and walks away, which is noticed by some of the school girls. *sigh* Great, just great. They’re not very discreet, they both seem to be wearing signs on their foreheads that say they’re having an affair.

Kei’s co-workers notice he’s been tired lately and tease him about it. *kekeke* One of the guys overheard Kei on his phone, talking in another language, Kei tells him it was German and finally spills that he’s a dancer. The guys assume he means he’s a stripper. What the…that’s the last thing I would have thought of and quite a leap but they don’t believe Kei when he denies it either.

The strange, quiet student, Sora Takeuchi asks married guy what he sees in Yui, saying it’s disgusting. Should I feel better that she’s not only attacking Yui? On the other hand, she seems like the type who would do her best to get them both fired. I don’t think that would be a bad thing for Yui but since married guy has a family to support, I feel sorry for his wife and kids if this comes out.

Kei dances in the practice room, Yui goes to watch but he doesn’t even notice her presence. Walking home, he asks her to stay overnight again but she wants to go home and talk to her Mother, knowing it’s going to be difficult. Kei understands, his Father used to tell people his son was in Germany playing soccer instead of admitting his son was a dancer. Yui changes her mind and they end up at Kei’s for more smexy times.

When Yui sneaks into her house in the morning, Mom is waiting and slaps her. Accusing Yui of treating her disrespectfully, she announces she checked and knows Yui lied about staying out drinking with her friend. They argue as Mom’s itchy neurosis flares up, she’s disgusted to think her daughter is having an affair since affairs are filthy. Mom needs serious mental help.

Yui promises not to hide anything anymore and will tell her everything but not now, she has to go to work when Mom suddenly blurts out she met with married guy. Yui is shocked but Mom acts like it’s completely normal to meet with her 3o year-old daughters boss to discuss her behavior. (LOL) Yui reminds Mom that her teacher’s salary is what’s putting food on their table and leaves. She texts married guy to meet her at the cafe that evening.

At work, Kei is caught off guard when a crate smashes against his ankle. His co-workers tell him this job is dangerous if a person isn’t getting enough sleep. At the studio, he applies spray and is wrapping his injured ankle when insane ex, Ayako shows up. She’s concerned and spits out how much she hates “that” woman but he ignores her. Telling him she’s not coming anymore, she asks that he quit that dangerous job, says goodbye and leaves. Yea…I doubt it’s gonna be that easy.

Yui meets married guy at the cafe, he asks if that stalker from school is her new guy? She nods yes but admits she doesn’t know much about him. Answering honestly, she tells him she met Kei for the first time on that day and he’s 6 years younger. He thinks that’s wrong, it’s okay for the guy to be older, even 15 years. Yui doesn’t care, she likes him and she’s going to live with him.

She apologizes (although for what, I don’t know) and thanks him. He wants to have sex with her one last time. *vomits* As they leave, he bumps into another guy on the street, grabs Yui hands and runs until Yui stops when she sees Kei passing out fliers. After a staring contest, they follow married guy for a private conversation. Introducing himself, he asks Kei why he came to the school that day.

Kei admits he wanted to meet Yui. *hee* Married guy bombards Kei with questions, acting like he’s Yui’s guardian (which makes me sick) but Kei ends up putting him in his place. When married guy says he’ll oppose their relationship if Kei can’t put food on the table, Kei tells him it doesn’t matter if he approves, his feelings for Yui won’t change. BooYAH! Kei takes Yui’s hand and they start to walk away until married guy yells, asking Kei to look after her. Well, all right then.

Back at Kei’s place, Yui is worried he won’t be able to dance if his leg is injured but he tells her he’s danced with injuries before. She smiles, saying he’s not getting enough sleep, which makes him smile too. After she announces they should try not to use his leg, he remarks that he doesn’t need his leg for that, as long as she does her best. Bwahaha, is he asking her to be on top? I can’t…

As she cleans up dishes, he hugs her from behind, saying he can’t help it: when he looks at her, he wants to touch her. Admitting it’s the same for her, she’s still planning to go home and have a talk with Mom. He tells her that even if Mom is against it, she should come live with him. They talk about what to call each other, he says Kei is fine. She wants him to call her just Yui instead of Yui-san but then blushes when he does. Okay, that was cute, LOL.

On her way home, Yui is confronted by insane ex, Ayako. See this is the part of dramas that I don’t understand, why would anyone ever talk to an ex? (unless it involves children). I’ve never spoken to an ex-girlfriend of any guy I dated in my entire life, it’s insane. Anyhoo, Ayako blames Yui for Kei getting injured since he’s not getting enough sleep. OMG, is she keeping track of how often Yui sleeps over or something? Sicko.

Ayako threatens to kill Yui if anything happens to Kei that would ruin his ability to dance. Pffttt, saw that one coming. Yui stands her ground, gets up in Ayako’s face and says she won’t ruin Kei so Ayako won’t have to kill her before walking away. Kei gets a phone call from the German guy who fired him. This guy is coming to Japan and wants to meet. Hey, it’s that one white guy who’s in K-dramas too.

At home, Yui explains everything to her Mother but I’m guessing she left out the part about sleeping with married guy since Mom is relieved she’s not having an affair. But when Yui nods that yes, she’s going to move in with Kei, Mom breaks down and boohoos that her daughter is abandoning her. Unbelievable. I wonder if what her reaction would have been if Yui had said she was getting married? I realize its too soon but I’m curious if Mom would be happy for her or not.

Mom even tries to talk her into bringing Kei to live there. Wut? LMAO! Part of me feels sorry for Mom but she’s made Yui her entire life, which isn’t Yui’s fault. Children will grow up, move out and move on with their own lives and most parents know this. People should have their own interests or hobbies, you can’t make one person your reason for living. Yui quickly packs to leave but as she’s walking out the door, Mom tries one last time to manipulate by asking if it’s okay if she starves?

When she shows up at Kei’s door, he hugs her tightly. He’s really sorry about her Mom but he’s happy. Then the scene cuts away to show Mom, sitting on the floor in the entryway by the door Yui just walked out. We also see married guy standing outside on his balcony in his PJ’s late at night, unaware that his wife is watching him. Wow, just wow. *shivers* This drama is chock full of really scary people who have mental issues. That woman’s face scared me to death.

The next day, Yui goes shopping for a cushion to sleep on the floor so Kei won’t be squished into a single bed and can sleep better. That doesn’t really work since he fakes falling out of bed and onto her bed, then pulls the covers over them for more smexy times. *keke*

Kei meets the German guy and learns the reason he wanted to meet is to ask if Kei could be an interpreter (translator) for the company when they perform in Japan. He even introduces the dancer who replaced Kei and is doing Kei’s part in the performance. OUCH! After thinking it over, Kei talks to Yui, he’s decided to accept the offer and prepares to brush up on his German. His life had stopped but now it’s moving forward again and he’s convinced a new opportunity might present itself.

When Kei announces he’s taking a few weeks off at work, the guys tease him again which prompts a private one-man show of his interpretive dance skills. The guys are dumbfounded, quietly clapping and bowing when he’s done, feeling they should thankful but unsure why. I’m right there with ya, guys and just thankful it’s over. Bravo to Kame for being brave enough to do that on camera. He’s much better than I would be. (LOL) The boy has some tumbling skills!

The school brats gossip about overhearing Yui asking to meet married guy and decide because Yui is just a teacher who can’t do any better, they must be having an affair.  Even the other teachers get in on this, believing it because men have affairs. The headmistress scolds the teachers for listening to such rumors.

When Yui enters her classroom, she finds the chalkboard covered with nasty comments about affairs being a crime while the girls chant the word “adultery” over and over. As Kei leaves work, Yui’s Mom shows up and begs him to give her daughter back to her.

Thoughts:

I thought it would be Ayako who would attempt to kill Yui but now I’m thinking it might be married guys wife. OR Mom will try to kill Kei. (LOL) I’m almost positive someone will either die or be seriously hurt in this drama, there are just too many ultra-creepy characters. There’s insane ex, the Mom-who-won’t-let-go, beotchy, jealous school-girls along with the strange, quiet one and now married guy’s wife. SOMEONE will end up getting hurt, it’s just a matter of whether it’s Kei or Yui.

From the preview, it appears Mom clocks Kei upside his head with her purse and there’s trouble in paradise as Yui and Kei fight. It also looked like married guy is fighting with his wife but I couldn’t be positive that was her. I’m more than ready for Yui to get fired and stop being harassed by those brats but worried if she’ll have a hard time getting another job.

I’m jumping ahead of myself again, I should just relax and stare at Kame’s smile.
See you next week!

• houstontwin says:

I love the recaps and really, really want to watch! Does anyone know of a website available in the US to watch this? It’s a lot easier to find sites for kdrama.
    Thanks!

• mskololia1 says:

Thanks for the recap. Yeah, mom has seriously upped her creepy quotient in this episode. I was glad Yui fled from that house. But fleeing means she was in desperation and not really thinking….Lets hope this is not “out of the frying pan into the fire” kind of thing, but she may need to be tried and tested by fire at this point in her easy-going lifestyle. I think the wife is going to divorce her husband but mom is definitely the wildcard. O_O

• tessieroo says:

The wife’s face literally made me jump in my chair. (LOL) Unexpected creepiness. There are SO many creepy characters in this one!

• mskololia1 says:

*Let’s…..You are right about the wife’s her face and the bg music was scary. It’s hard to gauge who is going to lose it by the end but someone may likely do physical harm. I think the lone high schooler is crushing on the older teacher and…he may give in to temptation in the end if his wife and Yui leave him. The night scenes struck me as the time for making good decisions (turning on one’s bed) and not bad ones. Good stuff.

• TS says:

On the other hand, I can see why the wife might get creepy like that in response to her husband’s infidelity. We might fnd it creepy, but she might just be extremely, and justifiably, angry.

That mum scares the heck out of me, though.

• Dani says:

Exactly my sentiment, TS. I think the wife reacting the same as any wife when they suspect their husband having an affair. Nonetheless a hurt woman can do anything.

• Mohammed says:

The mom is really crazy and she disgust me how she cant be happy for her daugther finding a decent man like Kie. She is creepy for saying give Yui back to me like no one else but her can have Yui.

I really like the lead couple’s chemistry, they are really cute, the kissing,sex scenes are much better,sexier now in ep 3. I buy into their thing and i hope they dont fight for real like it seemed like in the preview. I like Yui and i dont want her to lose the happy feeling she has over having Kie being so in love with her.

Kame is pretty good contemporary style dancer for someone who isnt pro dancer. For a actor he is very good even if you can see he is not as fluid,elegant as pro contemporary dancers. He has the ability to but alot of feeling,storytelling in his dancing. I know that from wacthing many real dancers in this style.

• mskololia1 says:

I too applaud the actor for his contemporary dancing in this drama when he does not have the background. He’s willing to put himself out there for the role. Good for him.

Sighs, the mom. I tried to forget, but she reminds me of a B-movie about a house that would not allow its inhabitants to leave. The offer to allow Yui and her man be together under her roof like a honeymoon was bizarre and peeled away her layers to expose major signs of selfishness.

• tessieroo says:

Agree although I’ve LOL’d a few times. Kame is also speaking German in this drama! So there are 2 things he’s doing that are most likely very much out of his comfort zone and I applaud that.

• Ndah says:

Waiting sub for 3rd episode *fufuffufu
    More patient for sub japan drama 🙂

• Eliza Bennet says:

Thanks for the recap.Already eagerly awaiting the next one.

• Bogzero says:

Thanks for an amazing recap.
    Although there are alot if sick people on this drama, I’ve enjoyed the smexy thing. It heals the angsty of this drama.

• Oh we are kindred spirits watching this drama! Every thought you wrote about, I either tweeted or said out loud! There are WAY too many crazies in this drama for both Kei and Yui to walk away. I love this writer but when I looked at her dramas that I watched, there was always sadness (and happiness) in them. The disturbing young student? I haven’t figured out who she is liking. But I’m leaning towards Yui. Moms? What a nut case! As a mother of 2 daughters, I’d help them pack and move faster than you can rewind and rewatch this episode! She has issues that was obvious from the beginning. Kei still continues to ignore crazy Ayako. She is an attempted murderer waiting to happen! But who will it be? The look on Taro’s wife face told me she knew all too well what her husband has been doing….. Great job! See you next week!!

• twaambo says:

His German was not so bad actually! LOL, this drama is great for Healer absence trauma.

• Dani says:

Yay, for better sex scene bahahaha. It is much more enjoyable than the first two episodes, now the chemistry is coming, even though, the kiss, still…I want some hot kissing scene, Kame!!!!! Hahaha…watching some old J dorama ruined my expectations on the new ones. Even now I am watching Kyou wa Kaisha yasumimasu again and pretty disappointed with all of the stiffness.
    I am just sad that the new episode coming soon, right? But, it will take days for it to be subbed T_T

• Dani says:

Now am watching it again raw on the site you previously gave me, Tess. I am forever in debt. Thanks

• tessieroo says:

You mean today’s episode? *gasp* You’re ahead of me, I haven’t seen it yet! 😀

• Mohammed says:

The chemistry, the sex scenes is very good in ep 3for a new J romantic drama.

I was telling my sister who saw with me Kyou wa Kaisha yasumimasu how the chemistry was stiff, the couple not so believable because of the weak male lead mostly. Ayase Haruka is pretty good. Kame is much better in making you see how much Kei is into Yui, you can believe that he wants touch her so often as he sees her. Sota or whatver that young pretty boy actor is called doesnt have the romantic lead ability near Kame.

The kisses,touches on the bed when Yui kissed Kei from behind him was pretty sexy. The kiss scenes are more making out now and less stiff fish lip kisses….

• Dani says:

Hi Mohammed, I am actually having a big crush for Fukushi Sota, I had been trying to see most of his movies after I watched KwKy, but sadly he does not seems to have a good movie under his belt yet. Including his upcoming movie, now he seems stuck with the popular high school boy roles. I love his face, but enough already! haa! But, you have to excuse Sota too (fangirl talks), he is pretty new compare to Kame and Miura Haruma. I also started binge watching Miura Haruma, and he got some very interesting movies, I even enjoyed Koizora more than when I watched it first time. But, yeah, Kame is now coming together, his act and chemistry with KF getting there slowly. I just going to follow suit with the complain of his hair style. Whyyyy? I mean when I watched at moimoi tv with some Japanese commercials in it, there was one at the end, where Kame was in an ad, I forgot for what product, and he was with short hair, very nice looking. I don’t know why they decided that he has to have this long hair, like his 2006 drama. Whyyyy? (I am not making any sense now, I better stop)

• TS says:

What site was that?

• Ani says:

I’ve never watched a jdrama before. Just looking at the screen cap pics (love scenes) they look like they are more daring to bare all than kdramas. Is that true or just happens to be this one jdrama that shows more skinship? Just curious.. What would be a good jdrama (2014 or current) for me to start with? Will I become an addict as I am to kdramas?? 🙂

• tessieroo says:

This particular drama has been classified as a “scandalous, adult, night-time drama” so no, it’s not the normal J-drama. A great one to begin with would be “Tatta Hitotsu no Koi”, “Suppli” or my favorite “Dear Sister” which just finished this year. Most are short, only 10 or 11 episodes.

I don’t find J-dramas quite as addictive as K-dramas but that’s because I’m pickier with the story-lines and actors I like watching. But yes, be prepared to have a whole new world open up for you!

• Ani says:

Thank you Tessieroo for your suggestions! I’ll give those a try..I’m already in deep trouble being so extremely addicted to kdrama & k-pop, if I add jdrama, God only knows..:)

• Mohammed says:

Hi Dani

I dont mind Sota in high school roles because only other role i have seen him in was Say I Love You film. He was pretty decent there but to play a man who has relationship with experienced actress like Haruka he was lacking. She needed someone of the caliber Oguri Shun, Matsujun and only idol decent caliber like Kame. Miura Haruma is pretty face but i have not seen in any good film,dramas. He was okay in Kimi Ni Tadoke. Which are his interesting films ?

Kame i dont like this long hair either because it confuses me alot for similar reasons as yours: Its too similar to his hair in 2006 drama Tatta which is one of the best japanese romantic dramas i have seen. I started enjoying Ayase Haruka from there. Also he hasnt aged at all in 8 years, i mean his face,body is more muscular and less skinny. I thought it was someone similar Kame, young version of him looking like him almost 😛

• TS says:

The way everyone is all up in arms regarding this couple is exaggerated for this story, true, but, tbh, in real life, people get very agitated when they see a couple in love. I’ve seen people play all sorts of games and backbite etc just because they can’t stand anyone else happy.

• Dani says:

I am so sad, there’s no sub for eps. 4 yet.

• TS says:

Ep 4 looks really good too.

• Dani says:

Just finished watching ep. 5 raw. OMG I have no idea what they’re talking about. I so hope the sub coming soon. I wonder what Tessierro going to titled ep. 5. Being a jerk Kame style? Haha. Maybe if subbed is coming I would found out that the conversation was not reflecting the scene.

• tessieroo says:

LMAO!

I saw the raw too and I’m not sure what happened. I know he’s ignoring his new roomie/lover but did he accept the offer in London and just leave with the insane-ex? O_O
          And it looks like married-guy is causing problems now. I wonder if that quiet schoolgirl confessed to Yui.

• Dani says:

how I wish I am fluent in Japanese now T_T Is it still only one person subbing this? I have seen several other Jdrama that’s been uploaded and subbed pretty quickly (marumaru, date). Btw, his dancing getting better isn’t it? I really enjoy the dance on eps. 5

• Mohammed says:

Its really annoying the most interesting japanese dramas i watch right now ar Ouroborus, Second Love and both are much slower subbed than other new jap dramas.

Ep 4 of this drama has been out a whole week without eng sub. The first 3 eps was subbed only two days after the raw but now…

• tessieroo says:

Yes, it’s just one girl and her sister subbing this…completely volunteer basis too since no one else picked it up. So even though it’s slow, I’m very grateful! 😀 We can be patient, let’s try deep breathing. (LOL)

• Dani says:

yes, Tess, am very very grateful. As I am sure she also has other things to do in life. I will make sure to leave thank you note. I just need to go back to your first recap to see the link to her. And yesssss, episode 4 is subbed. Now am off to watch it.

• Mohammed says:

Tessierooo

Im very grateful for those girls thanks to them i can keep watching, enoying this drama. Im more annoyed by the lack of respect,subbing desire for most japanese dramas online in english speaking sites compared to even the most generic daily drama K-drama is subbed almost the same day as its aired….

Thanks for your awesome, fast recaps too. Im used to reading recapps and thinking about what the recapper sees the same or differently in my fav dramas.

• tessieroo says:

I hear you, it’s getting worse too. I’m not sure if interest in J-dramas has fallen a bit by the international viewing audience or if it’s just about money. DramaFever picks up and subs J-dramas but I wonder if the price for a license has gone up so much, that they can’t afford it anymore. It’s very frustrating as an international viewer to be stuck in a situation I can’t do anything about. 🙁

• TS says:

It’s possible, since in ep 2, I first thought he was being a jerk and then then when I saw it with subs, I thought he was awesome. 🙂

• Tachibana_Mei says:

I’ve just finished watching this drama and seriously I think this is one of the best dorama I’ve ever send. Well, ikr different people have their own opinion 🙂 I;’m not saying everyone should be agree with me though*chuckle*. I want to write a lot of good things about this drama but my assignment queue won’t just let me do that. xD Anyway, I really like the instrumental music that pops out every time Taira Kei was dancing. Is there anyone knows where can I get that song? Hontoni, I’m craving desperately for that instrumental background music. Domo Arigato Gozaimasu 🙂 >bow< But, I've just stumbled on your web and I love it. I hope that I find it sooner. well, I guess better late than never, isn't? hehe Thank you again. I love your recap 🙂

• LAFAE says:

PLEASE TELL ME ‘WHERE’ I CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOUNDTRACK FOR, JAPANESE
    DRAMA ‘SECOND LOVE’….
    THX!!

• tessieroo says:

Lafae – I seriously would have no idea where to find the whole OST but I did find a few of the songs on YouTube.
    Here: