Honorary Tourism Ambassador Song Joong Ki Hangs With President Park Geun Hye (UPDATED)

Descendants of the Sun is ending this week, so, I am embracing my Song Joong Ki obsession!

On April 11th, the actor, who is Korea’s new tourism ambassador, met with President Park Geun Hye and tasted some delish meals at a center for Korean food in central Seoul.

Check out the photos and a video of the actor at the event!

*I apologize that the images are out of order.

Sources  |  DC Inside SJK  |  Newsis  |  Soompi, c/o stargazer187  |  Credit to uploader

• panda3lou says:

I don’t know which event it was, and President Park Geun Hye probably was supposed to be there or had a good reason to be there (meeting Song Joong Ki for instance^^). But why do I have the impression that she “uses” or takes advantage of Song Joong ki’s popularity for the coming legislative election?

I apologize for thinking that way but it still bugs me…

• Ivoire says:

Hello Goodange,

Thank you for keeping us updated about SJK’s activities. It is eerie for me to read this, as I was telling myself a few weeks ago (I’m not kidding) that I would not be surprised if SJK met the Pdt of Korea, and if he became one of the faces of tourism for Korea, the way that LMH was last year, along with a few other celebrities. LMH also met the Pdt of Korea last year.

I briefly saw an interview SJK gave on a 9pm news broadcast on KBS a few weeks ago, and the way he carried himself (before and during the interview), and some of the things he said during that interview literally made me think, “he would make a great ambassador for Korea,” however they want to “use” him (meaning in whatever capacity. I don’t mean use him in a negative way). One of the journalists told him that he was very wise, and that he spoke like someone who was 50 (it was a compliment).

So for me to see this today, here, confirmed what I had sensed and seen. This is his year, and the sky seems to be the limit for him. It will be interesting to see how far he soars, over time.

Also, I think he is essentially the same as he was before he left for the army, however, one can sense that he has grown during that time. He seems more poised, and can come across as more sophisticated at times. He seems to be “growing” well, for lack of a better term.

I love it when I can sense/feel/see something, and it is confirmed somehow, since I have no way of knowing if what I’m sensing or thinking will happen, or is even accurate (I hope I am making sense). Thank you again for posting this 🙂

• Ivoire says:

Also, because he is very caring (and I believe he has done some charitable work in the past), I can see him being asked to represent or become an ambassador for some non governmental and charitable organizations, some of which have a chapter in Korea (like UNICEF Korea, World Vision, etc…)

• aya says:

Oh dear! He’s look like a politician already.
    SJK is in deed the right person at this moment, he’s known worldwide now I guest.
    I love him because of his personalities. Even before his fame.
    Fighting Song Joong Ki!
    축하와 당신을 사랑합니다

• sskuwair says:

I like it that he seems so poised and composed despite the fact that he’s standing side by side with the President of Korea. I find it respectable and charming. A true class, for sure.

• houstontwin says:

His family must be so proud of him!