Song Joong Ki’s Seoul Fan Meet (UPDATED 2x)

This will have to be a quick description …

On April 17, Song Joong Ki held a well-attended fan meeting in Seoul! I’m really more about the eye candy, though, there were some fun and interesting things that the hot star shared with his fans—like singing the DOTS track ‘Always’. Park Bo Gum, Gummy, and Lee Kwang Soo also took part in the event.

If you would like to read a partial transcript of the event, then head on over to this page on KiKyo thread 🙂 Thanks to Joongkyo for translating Korean fan unknowthat’s transcript 🙂

Sources  |  DC Inside SJK  |  Credit as tagged  |  Newsen  |  TOP STAR NEWS  |  Blossom Entertainment  |  Soompi, c/o utkim

• Ivoire says:

Thank you for this. Are you still breathing? Are you still alive? 🙂

• Ivoire says:

And thank you for the KiKyo thread.

• goodange says:

LOL. There are times when it can get pretty intense and crazy on that thread, but it’s a good thing we’ve got people who are grounded and voices of reason. In all, we just like to have fun and be positive. We tend to become cross when somebody concern trolls.

Anyway, here’s one of the shipper’s timeline of circumstantial evidence about the Songs’ possible secret relationship. Scroll down to ilovesjk’s long post:

Since that was posted, more favorable things have come to light … 😉

• Ivoire says:

Oooooooh thank you Goodange! I’m high fiving you through this page. Will visit the link and I look forward to more circumstancial evidence 😍

• Ivoire says:

Hey Goodange, and thank you again for that link. I was wondering how I was going to get through 400+ pages, that is a lot of pages to read, and a lot of information to go through. I truly appreciate what you did here, taking us straight to that page, and to that comment.
          Have a wonderful day, or night, depending on where you are 😍

Also, it’s interesting because I actually learned some things I didn’t know happened, however I was thinking the way that that Soompier wrote, regarding many of the events and the behaviors at such events.

• Goodange says:

No problem 😊 I wish I had bookmarked other pages that provided other “evidence.” As I said, more things have come to light since ilovesjk wrote that timeline. And with all the other things being reported lately, like the way Joong Ki recently addressed Hye Kyo with honorifics at his recent press meet or the director of cinematography denying the rumors, we aren’t defeated because as I said we have instances that the general public or even the media are not aware of.

• Goodange says:

Oops, I meant we are aware of other and several more instances that the general public or even the media know nothing about. And the reason I don’t put so much emphasis on how Joong Ki referred to Hye Kyo at his recent press meet is because I think about their Hong Kong event (press con and ViuT. Interview … Even during his News9 interview) during which he only referred to her as Hye Kyo-ssi instead of Noona or sunbae.

• Ivoire says:

Oh I see… So what would the difference be between being called noona or sunbae, and being called SK-shi? As always, thank you for explaining.

• goodange says:

Well, keep in mind that context is also a factor when honorifics are used.

Anyway, I assume you already know what the terms noona and sunbae mean. Now, for -ssi, is another thing. I’ll let Wikipedia do the explaining:

“-ssi is the most commonly used honorific amongst people of approximately equal speech level. It is attached at the end of the full name, such as Kimcheolsu-ssi (김철수씨) or simply after the first name, Cheolsu-ssi (철수씨) if the speaker is more familiar with someone. Appending -ssi to the surname, for instance Kim-ssi (김씨), can be quite rude, as it indicates the speaker considers himself to be of a higher social status than the person he is speaking to.”

So, for Song Joong Ki to address her as Hye Kyo-ssi means that they have a comfortable relationship, wherein they pretty much see each other as equals.

Their behavior in Hong Kong compared to their demeanor in front of the Korean press is rather stark.

• goodange says:

Haha. Yeah. I wouldn’t mind dying happily like this. LOL. He was spotted yesterday in Gangnam … my Korean best friend teaches English in Gangnam, and I plan to visit Korea soon (well, maybe in a couple of years), so, my dream to meet him (and Song Hye Kyo) will happen. LOL. Haha. It’s on my bucket list 😉 And it’ll happen without me winding up in jail for stalking or harassment or something. Haha.

Speaking of my friend, I plan to feature her on this blog. She’s an illustrator/painter/artist, and she’s trying to make it in Korea with her talent … and I do mean talent. Here’s her Instagram if you’d like to check it out. I’m trying to spread the word about her 🙂 :

She also has an Etsy shop 🙂

• Aoi says:

I’m totally shipping the bromance with Bogum ! So glad they could make time for each other..

But I do hope both wouldn’t suffer from the over exposure. Bogum will start filming soon, but it seems Joongki wants to maximise on his CF offers/ fan meets ..

Don’t want him to wind up like a Kim soohyun or lee minho at the height of their fames

• Ivoire says:

Hi,

I’m just curious: what was bad about KSH or LMH at the height of their fame? Don’t the stars get there (over exposure) because they choose to do so? They have a hand in this, no?

• Ivoire says:

I have a question: what does that mean, when actors and actresses “openly confess” at a press conference? Could you give me an example (or two), please? Thank you!

• goodange says:

Oh, you must be referring to Song Joong Ki’s interactions with his past leading ladies … It’s really more openly admire or flirt. I’m more familiar with his interviews with Park Bo Young, and there was one that I believe they did for One Night of TV Entertainment, and he said that he would hope that a scandal between them would break out, and Bo Young quickly and happily said something along the lines that Oppa just admitted he’s her boyfriend. Here’s the video of that interview:

• goodange says:

Then, there’s one where they were up on stage in front of fans, and Joong Ki pointed to someone in the audience, telling him to stop staring at Bo Young because she belongs to him. LOL. But then, when Bo Young had the mic, she told the entire audience that Joong Ki belongs to everyone. LOL. They are very good friends, but Bo Young shut down the dating rumors.Too bad because I thought they were cute, too.