Flavour of the week: Ye Ji Won

I can’t help it. I love this woman! Ye Ji Won is one of the best thing on K-drama right now.

She is a well-respected veteran actress who has been in the industry since 1992. I first saw her in Nae Il Cantabile, and I forgot about it. Then I’ve watched The Producers, her character as the stringent supplies manager made me notice her but she is still forgettable after the show ended. Right now, she is Park Do Kyung’s (Eric Mun) crazy a*s Noona in Oh Hae Young Again. She finally made her mark and I will never forget her after this. The scene where she sang at the Karaoke with her staff, sealed the deal for me.

It is already hard to make the audience cry, to make them laugh is even harder. She can successfully achieve both. I only have love for her. In Episode 8, her background story has shown us why she is a drunkard every single day. My heart goes out to her for having experienced love only to lose it.

She looks great with Ji Sang (Kim Ji Suk) but she is amazing with Hae Young (Seo Hyun Jin). If there is someone who can push Hae Young to become better at her profession, it will be Noona Soo Kyung. I’m glad that Ye Ji Won is not simply a prop for comic relief. Her presence makes a difference that is hard to pull, especially when the OTP is soaring high with chemistry.

She acts with heart on her sleeves, and a black belt on her waist. We better watch out!

• L says:

I think she’s uber cool too! Much as I think that it’d be great comedy for her to start something with Jin-sang, I think she’s too good for him. Is the drunken French she spouts legit?

• sskuwair says:

I’m hoping she will end up with Jin Sang too! They will make a funny couple. And I think she really can speak French. I’ve watched her on Running Man once, and she is also an oddball in real life. During he appearance in Running Man, she sang French song and carried out her guitar everywhere she goes. Even Lee Kwang Soo found her weird.

• Renu says:

Even I love this woman. I have watched her movies and drama also. One of her drama ‘Evasive Inquiry Agency’ is quite funny.

• jomo says:

YES!! Loved that show. It was so different and quirky.

Plus, this lucky woman got to romance Ji Hyun Woo in Old Miss Diary.

• tessieroo says:

LOL, I wondered if I was the only one who saw either the movie or the sitcom of “Old Miss Diary”. She was incredibly funny & awesome in that, loved it! 🙂
        Course I watched it for Hyun Woo but came away a huge fan of Ji Won’s.

• jaimex says:

she is also in “Page Turner”

• Nats123 says:

I love her in this drama – just so out there playing a great role. Can not wait to see more of her.

• milaiski says:

Glad I am not the only one who loves her in this show… It also doesn’t help the whole cast is awesome! Ye Ji won is so versatile. At one point she can make you laugh, then angry then sad with her unfortunate love story. The scene I love her the most though was the scene with her mother. You can really feel how she tries so hard to control her rage/contempt for her mom.

• dramaddict says:

She was great in Mixed Up Investigative Agency.. Ofcourse Lee Min Ki in that drama was a great plus too!!