“Introverted Boss” Episode 5 Preview

The bad reviews turned me off this drama and led to the production rewriting some scripts. It appears that many people had a problem with the female lead and I wonder if that has led to a reduction in her screen time or an altogether different direction for the story. I haven’t a clue but she barely appears in the preview. I’m curious to see if knetizens approve of the changes.

I’m not a fan of writers catering to the whims of online fans who are a tiny fraction of the total viewers but I also think one needs to be able to discern constructive criticism from everyday social media noise. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that the producers find the winning formula for this drama. Fighting!

Credit: tvN

• Caitlyn says:

Usually i would agree; one of the reasons i like pre-productions is so that the audience can’t affect it. This is one of the few cases that I’m actually glad of a rewrite though. And literally no one likes the main girl. Comments on Twitter, comments on DB, i haven’t read a single one actually supporting her. So i think the changes are justified.

However, the original preview for ep 5 did make it seem like she was possibly toning it down a bit, so i still am concerned over how much they’re going to change, if her character was already heading down that path soon anyway.

• claire says:

I liked it the way it was. I felt the two leads connected somehow. We’ll see.

• Gem says:

I’ll be honest, I had problem with the female leads character. She had no sense of right and wrong, professionalism, felt purely stupid in her elaborate schemes to get revenge and the actress is quite green. Having said that, the writing could change some of that but I don’t know if it’ll help me get past the mental impression that most viewer’s have on her or the drama so let’s see. I also realized that Han Groo was one of a kind extremely talented rookie who worked wonders with her first project. Not everyone can fit into those shoes.

• Keiru says:

I didn’t even see the heroine in the preview. Is it a good sign? I have been disliking her character since the first ep, though I hope this feeling is reversible after I watch ep 5

• Mimi says:

I didn’t like the lead so much, but I felt that was do to the script, I found her suitable for the role as an actress. I just hated how the writers portrayed her, there were any instances where she could’ve said more and done more, but the production just kept her that way. So i was happy with the previous lead, i hate this new one…ugh…

• nahaluk says:

They showed the sister’s story in ep. 5 and I liked her a lot. I still think killing herself over what happened was too much, but it definitely scarred poor Hwang Ki even more. The funniest/saddest thing is that the writers gave more character depth to the sister in the span of one episode, then they did in I’ll watch ep.6 before making final judgment.