Fourth Action-Packed Teaser for tvN’s Park Shin Hye-Hyun Bin Drama “Memories of the Alhambra”

Am I the only one who can’t believe that December is around the corner? One good thing about time flying so quickly is that we’re getting better teasers now!

This is more action-packed than I expected and what’s with the sword? I suppose it’s a fantasy drama.

Memories of the Alhambra is about two people who get embroiled in a mystery while in Spain. It premieres on December 1st on tvN.

Credit: Hallyu Teasers @YT

• Beez says:

This looks pretty awesome BUT I get the feel that it will be something trying to capitalize off the success of Goblin and hopefully it doesn’t fall short. But if it does, I feel bad for Hyun Bin. I just see in my mind people pitching the script to him for this and his latest zombie saegeuk like this : “Gong Yoo did a fantasy drama and a zombie movie, and look how great that turned out for his career!” 🤔

• Kay says:

I can’t say about his movie because it’s the same production with train of Busan But Memories of the Alhambra is nothing like Goblin. Just because it has the sword that it is copying Goblin? This is from the writer of W, Nine and QIHM. She is known for writing fantasy and not 1 timer like KES. Not to mention this drama is sci-fi and dealing with AR and it was never done before in Korea. Let’s watch the story first before judging.

• Beez says:

As long as I can say “I told you so if it tanks”. 😁 No, seriously though what’s “AR”? And how can it be sci-fi with a site materializing out of thin air? I realize the two shows are not the same but they are both fantasy and not sci-fi. I’ve just noticed a penchant for productions to jump on a bandwagon that’s not necessarily the best move for my biases, especially these movies that include past Hollywood superstars who take a paycheck to make anything these days. Then I see my bias go make a dud of a movie because they nor their management ate aware that star is no longer what he was in the U.S. Oh well, just my pet peeves. Of course, I hope for the best and will be giving the show a chance.

• Kay says:

AR is Augmented reality. It’s up to you if you want to believe or not. The drama is sci-fi is dealing w game and Augmented reality.
          It’s not historical fantasy for sure.
          Well I can’t say if it tanks but for sure this is the 1st doing AR is Korea and they are taking huge risk, so I find it offensive to say it copy something else just because you lack of knowledge.

• Beez says:

Kay, I’m going to assume English is not your first language because you seem to have taken offense at something benign. Also your tone sounds aggressive so I’m going to assume you probably don’t mean it that way and just wish you b
            happy watching of the drama when it comes out. 🙂

• Kay says:

Hi Beez,
              It’ indeed isn’t and like I said I found it a bit offensive for you or anyone to assume the drama is trying to capitalize of or copy Goblin when 1. You know nothing about the drama not read about the casting news articles 2. You haven’t watched the drama
              And yet you refuse to believe it’s a sci-fi because if it is then your theory is wrong.
              I’m sorry if I came out a bit aggressive but maybe I have read too much of arrogant comments and it started getting to me. Anyway I hope you enjoy the drama, whether or not it is a sci-fi or Goblin 2.

• Beez says:

Kay, what I’m about to say has nothing to do with the drama but is rather friendly advice – the word “offensive” is rather strong for discussing something as unimportant as a tv show. It’s usually reserved for political, racial or personal matters. So when you say I’m being “offensive”, that’s almost a personal attack. I’m just letting you know so you won’t run into people on the internet who take it for the strongly worded language that it is and begin to argue harshly with you.

Back to discussing the Kdrama – I, too, have my reasons that I like to be specific of what is science fiction and what is fantasy. If there are any magical elements, like swords appearing out of thin air – then that’s magical (fantasy) and cannot be considered science fiction.

As far as my having read up on the drama, you can’t possibly assume that. It is very true fact that companies hop on bandwagons when certain themes make money. That’s why you’ll see movies and dramas all focusing on vampires for a few of years, then zombies for a few years. Right now the current trend is human-like robots and fantasy themes like Goblin.

• Kay says:

Lmao Thank you for taking your time to explain to me. I appreciate that. It’s not just a tv shows but to me how people behave and react to things in general that I found its offensive. But if it please you then just think I don’t understand what I was talking about. And I didn’t make up the word sci-fi for this drama but the production itself in earlier stage. You don’t have to explain to me. And I agree that people jump into current trend to make money. But let’s not act like Song Jae-jung suddenly jumped onto the fantasy craze after Goblin. She has been writing fantasy before KES ever did and I’m sure the drama might have some trendy feature but 2 worlds of reality and game is not something out of her hand who wrote Nine, W and QIHM.
                  I still think you should at least read some information about the drama or at least watch If first before making judgment.

Hyunbin definitely jumped onto the zombies trend with his movie but let’s hope he has better choice with this drama

• ckphoenix ckphoenix says:

Hi Beez and Kay! 🙂

Let’s maintain an open and friendly atmosphere here at Couch Kimchi. Please be mindful of your thoughts and response, for your sake and our readers.

Thank you!

– Leila

• Beez says:

No problem, Leila. I was only trying to let Kay know that her choice of the word “offensive” will be viewed as coming off stronger than I think she intends and in all probability will result in negative feedback if she uses it with others who might not try to be understanding.